Become a volunteer
We are delighted to provide you with information regarding the projects you can get involved with at Likhon’ Ithemba including BOP, HOLAH and Charity Hop Shop – HOLAH (House of Love and Hope) and BOP (Bowl of Plenty). Thank you for the interest that you have shown in our organisation. We look forward to making ourselves available to assist you with any information that you may require.
We ask you to read through the following information about becoming a volunteer for Likhon iThemba and to have a look through our website. Then, come and meet us at HOLAH or Charity Hop Shop so we can tell you more about what we do and find out from you how you want to get involved.
When coming to visit House of Love and Hope:
- Always let us know when you would like to come and visit HOLAH, via whatsapp, sms or email. Please give specific times. If you need to cancel for any reason, please do let us know.
- Volunteers are welcome to visit HOLAH for a maximum of three hours at a time.
- HOLAH house is open for volunteers between 9am and 5pm daily.
- Please do not come to HOLAH if you are sick, we don’t want to pass on any bugs to the little ones in our care. No medication is to be given to the babies by volunteers. Please be hygienic and keep your hands clean, especially when handling the babies.
- There are hand sanitizers as you walk into the baby house and at the changing area. Please use the hand sanitizers provided as you arrive and during your time at the baby house.
- Please respect our carers, they are very experienced and we trust them 100% with our babies. They have a schedule of feeding and bathing times for the babies.
- The older kiddies might try and talk you into giving them extra treats or juice, but please first check with the carers as they know what has been given to the kiddies throughout the day.
- If you have any problems, please contact Kim or Leanne.
- You may be asked to assist with food preparation, feeding, bathing and nappy changing, playing and stimulating the babies.
- If you are unsure of anything, please ask one of us. Please don’t let the kiddies at the baby house play on your mobile phones. If you wish to take photos, please don’t post them on social media.
- There is no smoking on the property.
- There is no off-street parking and parking is at your own risk.