Become a volunteer
at The Hop Shop
We would like to thank you for showing an interest in volunteering at Charity Hop Shop. As you may have seen, the shop is getting very busy with donations coming through every day and new customers coming to shop. Because of this, it’s challenging to keep up with unpacking, pricing and getting new stock on the shelves. So, we’re always in need of assistance!
Charity Hop Shop is open
- Monday to Friday from 9am til 4pm
- Saturday from 9am til 2pm
- First Sunday of every month from 9am til 2pm
- We ask you to help us any day from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
We need your help with
- Unpacking boxes and bags of donations
- Sorting through donations
- Displaying goods
- Tidying up the shop shelves
- Testing electrical and battery items
- Cleaning stock and the shop
If we ask you to do something that you are not happy to do, please let us know straight away. No stock can be sold to staff, volunteers or customers from the unpacking station. All items must be on display for a minimum of 24 hours before staff or volunteers can purchase items (except under the managers discretion) These rules are put into place to protect the donors and customers.
Thank you once again for giving up your time to help us. All funds raised at Charity Hop shop go towards the running of HOLAH baby house and the other projects under Likhon iThemba.
Please drop us an email through our “Contact us section” below and we will get back to you ASAP!